5/18/2011

Book review

FanfareFanfare by Renee Ahdieh

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Fanfare by Renée Ahdieh

Website: http://reneeahdieh.blogspot.com

Paperback, 240 pages

Expected publication: May 31, 2011by Revolution Publishing, Inc

ISBN: 0983353700

Summary:

Cris Pereira hates starring in a cautionary tale. Alas, her recent heartbreak relegates her to this unbecoming fate. The only good thing about being dumped a foot from the altar is the newest layer to her punchy sarcasm. All she wants is a do-over, but this is not your average fairy tale, and wishes don't come true in the real world. One Sunday afternoon, she meets a movie star. Tom Abramson is intelligent, charming, and impetuous. In other words, he plays the role a bit too well. She isn’t falling for it. She knows better. All British men are not descendants of Fitzwilliam Darcy, and movie stars are genetic mutations gone awry: X-Men with statistical disadvantages and emotional handicaps. Keep your knight in shining armor. A modern girl can rescue herself, thank you very much. After all, dreams are for the foolhardy, nightmares are just a part of life, and . . . this is not your average fairy tale.

Review:

To be completely honest, I didn’t think I’d enjoy this story as much as I did. I read this on my iPhone and pulled an all-nighter for two straight nights. I COULD NOT stop reading!

Cris, a twenty-five year old Social Worker from North Carolina, took two of her cousins to an autograph session for movie star Thomas Abramson. From the get go she was uninterested. She could care less about some big movie star and didn’t know what the big deal was meeting someone who didn’t give a crap about you. When it was their turn to meet him, Thomas strikes up conversation with her and she’s disinterested. After their initial meeting, Cris takes her cousins for something to eat and shopping only to find out hours later that she forgot her iPod on the table during her chat (she was listening to this while standing in line so she could drown out thee girly screams). Upon returning to the scene she is directed to Information. She explains her situation and receives a telephone number of the person who took. Of course she’s angry at this point thinking it was some girl who thought they were striking gold by taking Thomas’s iPod. Boy was she shocked when she called the number and got Thomas’s voicemail. This, my friends, is where the love began to blossom. Their relationship began with talking, texting, and emailing and soon blossomed into visiting each other. She was falling for him and he was falling for her. HAPPY SIGH.

I’d love to tell you this entire story but I’d rather not ruin it for you. But I will tell you this: there were times during my reading that I was squeeing at my screen. I even yelled at it when I didn’t like what was happening. Renée writes beautifully and I believe that’s one of the reasons I couldn’t stop reading. If you love Romance, then definitely add this book to your TBR (to be read) list. I promise it won’t disappoint.

5 stars for Fanfare for letting me live the red carpet experience.



Cesya MaRae Cuono author of the Elemental Series.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment