6/19/2012

Teaser Tuesday: Battle Scars (5)

I stood at the front door. I didn’t want to go in alone so I flew up to the roof. Sitting down, I pulled my knees to my chest and cried until the sun dipped behind the horizon and the stars twinkled in the sky. I was so worn out. My head pounded from a rapid growing headache, eyes swollen from tears. The back door to my house slammed and Oli walked out into the yard. He ran both hands through his hair and clasped his fingers behind his head. His shoulders raised and lowered as if he was allowing a sigh to escape and bowed his head. I should’ve flown down to him but I didn’t. I was still hurt by his words. I wasn’t sure how long I sat there after Oli walked back inside but I knew I couldn’t sit on the roof all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment